The Royal Caledonian Horticultural Society (The Caley) is committed to protecting your privacy and your personal information. Whenever you provide personal information to The Caley we will treat that information in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) that came into force on 25th May 2018. The Caley will keep your personal information accurate, up-to-date, secure and will hold the information for no longer than is necessary.
- How we use information
You provide personal information to us when joining. This data may be used for one or more of the following purposes:
- To administer your membership of The Caley.
- To communicate with you about our activities. This may be in the form of emails or by mail.
- To send you various publications associated with your membership: The Caledonian Gardener, Preview and the monthly e-newsletter.
- Disclosing and Sharing Data
We will never sell your information. Where we have to disclose your information to a third party (i.e. for the distribution of The Caledonian Gardener), this will be carried out under a contract that requires our supplier to keep your information safe and secure.
- How long we store information
We only store data for as long as is required. How long depends on the information in question:
- If you choose not to renew your membership, we will hold your details for 4 years after the expiry of said membership to allow for reminders to be sent and to simplify administration if you choose to rejoin. After this period, all membership information will be deleted.
- If your membership was Gift Aided, your details will be retained for the length of time required by HMRC (currently 6 years).
- Copies of emails may be retained to help simplify administration or to resolve any disputes or complaints.
- You are in control of your data
You can unsubscribe from mail or emails at any time by contacting the membership secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can be assured that you are in control of how we communicate with you and that you can update your choices at any time.
You have the right to access the information held about you. Further information about this is available on the Information Commissioner’s Office website at https://www.ico.org.uk/.
- Links to other sites
Our website contains hyperlinks to other websites e.g. nurseries, gardens. The Caley is not responsible for the content of any external website. The information that you provide to any external website is not covered by this policy.