Work With Us
We are currently looking to recruit a new Honorary Treasurer.
With the recent focus on the rising interest in horticulture and gardening, there are exciting times ahead for The Royal Caledonian Horticultural Society (The Caley). If you would like to help the Society grow and thrive, we would like to hear from you.
Although we are based in Edinburgh, we do have members and interests across Scotland and would welcome interest in the role from anywhere in the country. In this age of technology, distance is no barrier to communication.
We need someone who can:
- Oversee the financial affairs of the organisation and ensure they are legal, constitutional, and meet and comply with accepted accounting practice. (With advice and support from Independent Examiners.)
- Ensure accurate and compliant records are kept and that effective financial procedures are in place.
- Monitor and prepare reports on the Caley’s financial health for Council members.
- Oversee the production of necessary financial reports/returns, accounts and closing off the books of account ahead of the independent examination of the Annual Report.
What we are looking for
- Knowledge and experience of current and fundraising finance practice relevant to voluntary and community organisations.
- Knowledge of bookkeeping and financial management (as necessary).
Good financial analysis skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
Please see below for further information about the role. Please send your completed application form to: firstname.lastname@example.org