The Caley is Scotland’s national horticultural and gardening society actively supporting and promoting horticulture and gardening in Scotland. The Caley brings together people who share a common interest – Horticulture and Gardening in Scotland. We support all aspects of horticulture and gardening in Scotland often working in partnership with others to reach as wide an audience as possible.
To inspire, encourage and improve the science, art and practice of horticulture in all its branches. To advance education in gardening and horticulture for the public benefit.
- Twice monthly free Winter Lecture Series from October to March with expert guest lecturers and an opportunity to meet fellow Caley members.
- Showing spring flowering plants, volunteering or visiting the Spring Show with awards across lots of categories. Free to Caley members.
- Day Visits to gardens and other places of horticultural interest throughout the summer.
- Study Tours across the UK.
- Access to the Demonstration Allotment showcasing good practice, conducting trials and volunteering opportunities.
- Supporting development of the gardens at Saughton Park, in collaboration with Edinburgh City Council. We will have a base at the redeveloped gardens with teaching and demonstration gardens from late 2018.
- Grow & Learn Awards for individuals with complex learning needs. Hundreds of individuals have participated so far and the programme continues to expand. Grow & Learn is an important activity of the Caley and your subscription helps us fund this worthwhile initiative.
- Demonstrations & Workshops by experts on various aspects of horticulture.
- Involvement in the running of Gardening Scotland at the start of June.
- Plant Advice from fellow Caley members.
- Annual Awards Ceremony in recognition of the achievements of professional horticulturalists, nurserymen, gardeners and amateur gardeners at the annual AGM.
Join in with ‘Dig Days’, member donated Plant Sales, gardening at the Caley Allotment, stewarding at Gardening Scotland and more. Contact us to find out how you can get involved.
Regular discounts from our partners are available to our Members. We’ll be adding more over time. Our supporter, Binny Plants, are pleased to offer Caley Members a 10% discount when you show your membership card.
By becoming a member of the Society you are supporting gardening and horticulture in Scotland. New members are welcome: from professionals to amateurs, horticulturists, gardeners or anyone with a general interest in plants, join us and meet with like-minded folk. Membership for an individual costs around the same price as one cup of coffee a month! We believe this represents good value for money and allows the society to continue to make a positive contribution to horticulture and gardening in Scotland.
Costs for Annual Membership
With Christmas rapidly approaching, are you stumped for a gift for the gardener in your life. Why not give them the gift of membership of The Caley? A one-year subscription for an individual costs only £26. Complete the application form and tick one thing off your Christmas list!